Microsoft Campus Agreement for UF Employees
Faculty and Staff of the University of Florida can use at home the Microsoft software products listed below.
- Microsoft Windows 8 Professional Desktop Operating System Upgrade
- Microsoft Office Standard 2011 for Macintosh
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 for Windows
Please be aware that under this agreement, UF faculty, employees and Shands employees are entitled to install only one copy of Windows 8 Professional Upgrade and one copy of Microsoft Office Suite. Installation media can be purchased from the or from one of UF's four on-campus distribution locations for a cost of $15.00 + tax.
On-campus distribution locations include the UF Computing Help Desk , the Reitz Union Bookstore, the UF & Shands Bookstore, and the Levin College of Law Bookstore.
Students are also covered under the Microsoft Campus Agreement. For information concerning the student option, visit the Microsoft Program for Students page.
Terms and Conditions of Use:
The University of Florida has purchased license coverage for Microsoft Office and Windows 8 Ultimate upgrade through its Microsoft Campus Agreement for all UF Employees. The employee is required to buy the installation media.
To participate in this agreement, you must acknowledge and agree to the terms and conditions listed:
- You do not own the license or the DVDs, rather you are authorized to use the software and associated media pursuant to the terms and conditions of the Microsoft Campus Agreement.
- If you graduate during the enrollment of the Microsoft Campus Agreement term, the Software license will convert to a perpetual license meaning you have the right to use the software perpetually.
- You must read and abide by the license agreement(s) associated with this software when you install the software.
- No technical support is provided by Microsoft. The UF Computing Help Desk (392-4357) can be contacted for assistance in the installation of the software provided in this program.
- You will be required to remove the Software from my personal machine immediately upon the earlier of (a) any event, with the exception of graduation, which causes me to no longer to be a student of the institution or (b) expiration of the Campus Subscription Enrollment licensed period.
- If the University of Florida does not renew the Student Option under the Enrollment for Education Solutions, then you must delete or remove the Software licensed through the University of Florida from your computer at the time the enrollment expires or is terminated.
- The minimum specifications to run the Software are listed at:
Obtain the Software:
Please review the installation advice before making your purchase decision. In order to obtain MS Office and the Upgrade of the MS Windows 8 Ultimate software follow these instructions:
To Obtain a Physical Copy of the Media:
Step 1: Print, read and sign Microsoft Campus Agreement, "Microsoft Campus Agreement: Work at Home Acceptance Form" acknowledging that you understand the Terms and Conditions of use of the Microsoft software.
Step 2: Take your UF Gator1 ID and the Microsoft Campus Agreement: Work at Home Acceptance Form (the sales clerk will require these at the time of purchase) to the one of these three locations::
- Technology Store located in the University Bookstore in University of Florida Bookstore and Welcome Center
- The Bookstore with Shands
- The UF Computing Help Desk at the HUB
- Levin College of Law Bookstore
Download of the Media Online is not currently available to Faculty/Staff. However, the download tab above has online installation help information.